Digital Communications Placement
This is the perfect position for a student with excellent social media communications skills looking for experience in a non-profit NGO working to improve animal welfare, human health and sustainability in the food and farming sector.
Hours: Minimum 2 days per week. Office hours 10am-6pm Tuesday-Thursday.
Salary: Voluntary (travel expenses & lunch will be provided)
Duration: Fixed term for 1 to 12 months
- To support the communications team in all areas
- Promote Farms Not Factories’ work through public facing campaigns using social media and other digital communications
Responsibilities and key tasks:
- Write and update content for our social media platforms
- Manage our social media content calendar
- Identify and share relevant online materials
- Community management on all social media platforms
- Contribute to campaign strategy and management
- Contribute to day-to-day organisational tasks and general administration
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Youtube/Vimeo)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads
- A commitment and enthusiasm to work towards Farms Not Factories’ vision and mission to bring an end to factory pig farming, while revitalising small-scale family farms.
- Previous experience of digital communications
- Knowledge of the sustainable food and farming movement, or enthusiasm to learn
- Willingness to represent Farms Not Factories at events
- Knowledge and interest in films as a campaigning tool
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter (2 pages maximum) to email@example.com, explaining how you meet the person specification.